Creating bespoke assessments, hands on treatments and home exercise programmes to make recovery and rehabilitation more speedy and effective.
Rhian is a highly committed East Berkshire based Hypopresive Method Trainer, Pilates Instructor, Massage Therapist and Group Fitness Expert specialising in the Les Mills Programmes. Rhian currently offers small group and 1:1 training in the Hypopresive Method, 1:1 and small group Pilates instruction and Massage therapy in her Woodley based treatment room.
Rhian began her journey into fitness and wellbeing 8 years ago firstly qualifying as a Studio Instructor but soon realised that she felt she could do more to assist people in achieving their health and fitness goals and decided to qualify as a Personal Trainer. Whilst working as a gym instructor, studio co-ordinator and finally programme manager for a well known corporate gym management company she assisted many personal training clients to achieve their weight-loss and fitness goals but it was from the injury rehabilitation work that she gained the most satisfaction. With this in mind in 2007 she qualified as a Pilates Instructor. Following extensive work with many 1:1 clients it was evident that soft tissue work such as massage could only improve and assist her clients further and so it was that in 2009 she undertook the BTEC Level 5 Diploma in Sports Massage and further enhanced her skills in this sphere by adding Hot Stone Massage to her repertoire in Autumn 2010. Soon to follow was Massage for Pregnancyand Exercise for the pre/post natal client in 2011 and most recently the revolutionary Hypopresive Method. Currently, Rhian is one of only nine Advanced Hypopresive Trainers in the UK and Ireland.
Rhian’s communication skills with her clients and students originate in her love and talent with language, which is evident from her first class degree in languages (French and Spanish). She is an experienced gym manager and well-practiced at fitness training and studio instruction.
- Advanced Hypopresive Method Training completed with the Metodo Hipopresivo Team at Premier Training in London
- Level 3 Pre and Post Natal Exercise
- Pre and Post Natal Massage completed at the Jing Institute of Advanced Massage, Brighton
- Hot Stone Massage qualification completed at the Jing Institute of Advanced Massage, Brighton.
- BTEC Level 5 Diploma in Remedial Massage gained at the Oxford School of Sports Massage
- Level 3 CYQ Matwork Pilates
- Level 3 Personal Training
- Exercise to Music
- Les Mills Body Pump
- Les Mills Body Combat
- Les Mills Body Balance- Advanced Instructor
- Les Mills Body Vive
Further Qualifications and Memberships
- Rhian is insured by Complementary and Holistic Therapists Association (CHtA)
- A member of the Register of Exercise Professionals